Wednesday, March 16, 2016

James Conner is back.... well almost

James Connor participates in drills amid
Cancer treatment.
Just 24 hours after chemotherapy treatment number 8, Pitt Panther Running Back, James Conner joined his teammates on the field for spring practice. Conner was diagnosed with Hodgkin's lymphoma in December. After his diagnosis, he said, "When I heard those words-- 'You have cancer'-- I admit I was scared. But after thinking about it for a bit, I realized that fear is a choice. I choose to not fear cancer. I choose to fight it and I will win it." Although he cannot participate in contact drills because of the port, his presence on the field, is enough to excite his teammates. Connor has said multiple times that he hopes to play in Pitt's season opener September 3 against Villanova.









1 comment:

  1. James Conner is a true inspiration. He has come back so fast from this, and is even starting to practice now. I wouldn't be surprised if Pitt rallies around him to have a big season.

    ReplyDelete